The GAVRT SETI Project allows classes to collect data from a radio telescope and analyze it, looking for candidate signals potentially of extraterrestrial origin.
More information on the GAVRT program is located on their website. On that website is information on how to sign up for training on using the radio telescope.
The resources on this page are adapted from the materials on the GAVRT SETI website.
- Standard Viewer
- GAVRT DSS28 Telescope Live Video Feed
- Submitted Data Analysis Reports
- SETI Spec Data Worksheets to download
- 1-Radio Telescopes (not including video)
- video available here
- 2-Masking Interference
- 3-Interpreting a Waterfall Plot
- 4-Probability of Discovering a Signal
- 5-Which Wavelength of Light
- 6-Where to Survey
- 7-Analyzing a Scan