Inspire the next generation of scientists, engineers, and technicians by introducing your students to robotics! In our EV3 Robotics Program, students have the opportunity to
- gain practical hands-on experience using mathematical concepts such as estimating and measuring distance, time, and speed;
- communicate effectively using scientific and technical language;
- understand and interpret two-dimensional drawings to create three-dimensional models;
- build, test, troubleshoot, and revise designs to improve robot performance; and,
- design and build programmable robots using motors, sensors, gears, wheels, axles, and other technical components.
Currently, we have eleven LEGO MINDSTORMS EV3 kits (with expansion sets) so you can choose from many options when designing your robotics program with Challenger.
- If you have a limited amount of time your group can stay, we have introductory programs where students can program pre-built robots.
- To learn how to program a robot with ONE sensor, we recommend students stay for a one-and-a-half-hour program.
- To learn how to program a robot with TWO sensors, we recommend students stay for a three-hour program.
- To learn how to program a robot with THREE sensors, we recommend students stay for a four-and-a-half-hour program.
- Sensors available in our programs: ultrasonic sensor, color/light sensor, and a touch sensor.
- If your group can stay for a longer period of time (five or six hours), students can construct and program a robot.
- Each set has the components necessary to build up to twenty-three different types of robots, so we can choose the robot design that is most appropriate for the age and experience level of your students.
- The youngest age we recommend for a robotics program is fourth grade. We have programs appropriate for elementary (fourth and fifth grade), middle, and high school.
- Students will work in teams, utilizing higher-order thinking and problem-solving skills, to program their robot. Each team has a computer to use for programming. We can accommodate groups of ten to twenty-four students.
***Our robotics program is now mobile!!! Students can now program the EV3 robots using the Mindstorm Programmer App (on iPads). That means we can bring our robotics program to your school!!!
If you are interested in scheduling a group of student for a robotics program, please email us at [email protected] or call us at 803-929-3951 so we can design a program to fit your needs.
- robotics technician
- software developer
- computer support specialist
- mechanical engineers
Teachers: Want to learn more about robotics? Visit Rowan University Laboratory for Educational Robotics!